Market Research Analyst
Have you worked for a studio, network, or marketing research company and have a deep understanding of audience data? Do you love a good audience affinity matrix? Is marketing research your favorite topic? Do you love spinning data into great stories? Do you enjoy building your research into client-facing reports? Would you like to evolve into a customer-facing role where you can deliver the data?
StoryFit is the world’s leader in machine learning and AI for the Media and Entertainment Industry. If you’re someone who can’t wait to binge the latest TV series and is knowledgeable in understanding and identifying their audiences -- this is the job for you! We’re looking for an exceptional market research analyst to help our studio clients better connect their stories to consumers.
StoryFit's market research analysts will gather data on consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits. They will combine this information with StoryFit's proprietary story data and prepare actionable insights that help entertainment professionals with development and marketing strategy.
Using the information, entertainment executives will better understand the optimal story elements that drive audiences, determine the best potential markets, and provide key insights into a script's strengths and opportunities.
We’re Looking For someone who can:
- Analyze data on audiences, story, and market conditions and deliver actionable insights
- Measure the effectiveness of comp marketing programs and strategies
- Develop story, marketing, and positioning strategies
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Prepare reports and present results to clients and management
- Report and materials creation, including analysis of research results and contextual interpretation of results
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative research
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal; who can use data to find and tell a story
- Passionate about entertainment
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have at least 3 years of experience in entertainment market research and have a passion for movies and TV
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in the social sciences, economics, business, marketing, or statistics, or related disciplines
- Be a creative thinker and a proactive problem solver
- Be adept at working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, and Keynote
- Studio experience is a plus