Director of Media & Audience Research
Have you worked for a studio, network, or marketing research company and have a deep understanding of audience data? Do you love spinning data into great stories that you present to clients? Do you enjoy building your research into client-facing reports?
StoryFit is the world’s leader in machine learning and AI for the Media and Entertainment Industry. If you’re someone who can’t wait to binge the latest TV series or catch the latest movie release and is knowledgeable in understanding and identifying their audiences - this is the job for you! We’re looking for an exceptional consumer insights expert to help our studio clients better connect their stories to audiences.
StoryFit's Director of Research will organize and integrate the data results from StoryFit analytics and oversee its organization and presentation to clients. This requires expert knowledge on consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits.
We’re Looking For someone who can:
- Lead and manage research projects from ideation to execution
- Analyze data on audiences, story, and market conditions and deliver actionable insights tailored to content creators
- Measure the effectiveness of comp marketing programs and strategies
- Identify and incorporate appropriate third party marketing data sources and create cohesive narratives across findings
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Prepare reports and present results to clients and management
- Collect effective feedback from clients to improve the quality of our products and services
- Manage a growing team of analysts
- Oversee end-to-end product deliverables to clients
- Presenting insights reports to senior media & entertainment executives and ensuring customer success
- Lead report and materials creation, including analysis of research results and contextual interpretation of results using visual analytics
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative research
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have at least 5+ years of experience in entertainment quantitative and qualitative market research and have a passion for movies and TV
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in the social sciences, economics, business, marketing, or statistics, or related disciplines
- Be a strong communicator and poised presenter
- Have strong project management with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment of tight deadlines and be adept at managing multiple priorities
- Be skilled with extracting insights from raw data and visually bring those insights to life in creative ways.
- Be adept at creative data visualization and reporting skills to develop reports that always impress colleagues and clients
- Be a creative thinker and a proactive problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft, Google, and Keynote
- Studio experience is a plus
- Experience with advanced statistical analysis (regression, cluster analysis, etc.)
- Some experience with TV, web, video, social analytics tools (Nielsen, comScore, Social Analytics tools) a plus, but not required