Are you a behavioral or social scientist who loves designing studies to identify behavioral insights with actionable applications. Are you fascinated by stories and how to personalize content for a variety of audiences?
StoryFit is the world’s leader in machine learning and AI for the Media and Entertainment Industry. If you’re someone who can’t wait to binge the latest TV series or catch the latest movie release and is knowledgeable in understanding and identifying their audiences - this is the job for you! We’re looking for an exceptional behavioral or social scientist to help our studio clients better connect their stories to audiences.
We’re Looking For someone who can:
- Structure and design audience and consumer insights experiments and studies
- Discover and leverage novel public data sources, deploy new behavioral data science methods and tools, and synthesize qualitative and data-enabled research processes
- Clean, analyze, and make sense of large, complex AI-driven data sets
- Humanize data for those without deep quantitative experience
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations
- Develop new and novel research approaches to quantifying the elements of story-telling and audience judgements of those elements.
- Work with our product and data science teams to craft experiments and test hypotheses
- Utilize excellent communication skills to clearly distill the essence of your technical work to audiences of all levels and across multiple functional areas.
- Develop deep product intuition to influence future product roadmaps
Ideal Candidate Will Bring:
- Strong background in human behavior, statistics and data analysis
- PhD, Masters or equivalent experience in a field that uses analytics to understand human behavior
- At least five years of experience as a hands-on researcher
- Extensive knowledge of statistics and analytical concepts and experienced in joining together large, disparate datasets
- Research design skills including experience with A/B Testing, survey, and experimental design
- Research statistics (analysis of variance, regression, etc.)
- Measurement theory & design (reliability analyses, exploratory & confirmatory factor analyses, questionnaire design)
- Expertise in social-science theories, personality theory, media & entertainment theory.
- Superior creativity and passion for what you do
- Organized, self-directed, efficient management of complex projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work seamlessly as a key team member on cross-functional product teams, from designers and analysts to data scientists and engineers.
- Proven ability to translate data into compelling and easy-to-understand insights, stories, and narratives that resonate with a non-technical audience `
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong SQL skills with ability to do deeper analyses using R, Python, or Stata
- Machine-learning expertise (neural networks, natural language processing)